[WriteLog] "Could not create OLE object" help needed

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] "Could not create OLE object" help needed
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 17:18:18 -0500
In an attempt to further educate myself on setting up DXTelnet
to run with WriteLog, I've messed something up that I haven't
been able to fix on one of my PC's.

When attempting to start the Packet window in WriteLog I get
the following dreaded message:

"Could not create OLE object"

This normally means one of two things.  It means either the following
addition is not correctly place in the writelog.ini file:

[OBJECTS]
pktObject=DXT2WL.clsWlPacket

OR that the file msvbvm50.dll is missing from the Windows\System
subdirectory.

Well, I have both of these in place and have run DXT2WL.EXE on
that PC, but I'm still unable to open up the Packet Window.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com