[WriteLog] Re: WriteLog digest, Vol 1 #110 - 9 msgs

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: WriteLog digest, Vol 1 #110 - 9 msgs
From: mravitz@ix.netcom.com (Mitch Ravitz)
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:06:19 -0400

From: Mitch Ravitz, W1GI
re:  2 circuit and 3 circuit microphone plugs used with Sound Blaster mic
inputs...

Both work.  The reason for the 3 circuit (ring, tip and sleeve) plug is to
provide power for an electret condenser type of microphone.
The "ring" is a power connection.

The tip is the mic audio and the sleeve is obviously ground.

W1GI