[WriteLog] Writelog for non-contest logging?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog for non-contest logging?
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 16:01:59 -0500
--=====================_84554212==_.ALT

For general logging there is really no substitute for LOGIC 5 in my opinion
and that of many others.
It dose do spots, built right in to the program. IT does do rig control too.
The one negative is that it does VERY poorly as a CW sender form the
keyboard if you are running Windows 2000. That is because ti uses ONLY LPT
and has no decent LPT driver.

At 14:51 10/14/2001, W0AH@aol.com wrote:
>I've used Writelog on SSB using my computer soundboard as the audio keyer,
>on CW with keying from serial and parallel ports, on RTTY using the
>soundboard, and on PSK.  I've been  very happy with it in the contests
>I've operated from home and from Mexico.  My one attempt to hook the
>laptop computer and Writelog up to my FT-1000 for frequency readout was
>unsuccessful.  Have others had luck with this?  I have not used the
>bandmap function or used the packet cluster or DX Summit spoting ability
>that I think Writelog has. The main purpose of this post is to ask about
>using Writelog as a general logging program.  What are its strengths and
>weaknesses.  If I get the FT-1000 hooked up properly for frequency
>readout, hook up packet cluster DX spots or DX Summit and use the bandmap,
>is it possible to do what I witnessed yesterday at N0TM's place, have a
>computer monitor run color coded spots indicating n! ew countries and new
>band countries?  He was using adefferent program.In pasy years I used an
>old WJ2O general logging program, but I don't think WJ2O supports it any
>more?   If any of you are familair with it, how might it compare to
>WQritelog's general` logging ability?
>Doug  W0AH  Woodland Park CO

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_84554212==_.ALT

For general logging there is really no substitute for LOGIC 5 in my
opinion and that of many others.<br>
It dose do spots, built right in to the program. IT does do rig control
too.<br>
The one negative is that it does VERY poorly as a CW sender form the
keyboard if you are running Windows 2000. That is because ti uses ONLY
LPT and has no decent LPT driver.<br><br>
At 14:51 10/14/2001, W0AH@aol.com wrote:<br>
 used
Writelog on SSB using my computer soundboard as the audio keyer, on CW
with keying from serial and parallel ports, on RTTY using the soundboard,
and on PSK.&nbsp; I've been&nbsp; very happy with it in the contests I've
operated from home and from Mexico.&nbsp; My one attempt to hook the
laptop computer and Writelog up to my FT-1000 for frequency readout was
unsuccessful.&nbsp; Have others had luck with this?&nbsp; I have not used
the bandmap function or used the packet cluster or DX Summit spoting
ability that I think Writelog has. The main purpose of this post is to
ask about using Writelog as a general logging program.&nbsp; What are its
strengths and weaknesses.&nbsp; If I get the FT-1000 hooked up properly
for frequency readout, hook up packet cluster DX spots or DX Summit and
use the bandmap, is it possible to do what I witnessed yesterday at
N0TM's place, have a computer monitor run color coded spots indicating n!
ew countries and new band countries?&nbsp; He was using adefferent
program.In pasy years I used an old WJ2O general logging program, but I
don't think WJ2O supports it any more?&nbsp;&nbsp; If any of you are
familair with it, how might it compare to WQritelog's general` logging
ability? <br>
Doug&nbsp; W0AH&nbsp; Woodland Park CO</font><font face=3D"arial">
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://members.home.com/gbaron</a><br>
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'<br>
&quot;Baila como nadie te ve&quot; <br>