[WriteLog] PA QSO Party

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PA QSO Party
From: k5zd@earthlink.net (Randy Thompson, K5ZD)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 23:46:51 -0000
Even though it looks like a bug, it is not.  Since the PA QSO Party has 80m
QSOs being worth 1.5 points each (or something like that), it was necessary
to multiply the total score by 10 so there wouldn't have to be a decimal
point.

I can't think of another contest that requires floating point numbers for
scoring! :)

I do confess that I fell for the high score for awhile myself.  Thought I
was on pace to break the WMA record until I realized I was off by a factor
of 10...

No email logs?  Guess I probably won't send mine in either.  Not worth the
stamp.  I suspect they did this because people who submit electronically
don't include monetary donations in the envelope.

K5ZD