[WriteLog] Any Win NT driver support to allow rig controlthrough serial

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Any Win NT driver support to allow rig controlthrough serial port?
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 22:53:16 -0500
--=====================_12155548==_.ALT

At 20:07 10/15/2001, dr wrote:

>I have a laptop computer available for contest use but it has Windows NT
>for an operating system.  It does not seem to allow me to control my rig
>through the serial port.  Are there any drivers available to allow rig
>control over the serial port when using Windows NT?

Are you talking about the COMM 1 and 2 on the MB or an add on card. If it
is the built in ports you should not need a driver. It should be detected
by windows and work with windows supplied standard drivrers. If not, there
are drivers for every add on card of recent vintage. I use a PCI COMM card
with no problems.

>Thanks,
>
>Dave KG0US
>kg0us@swbell.net

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_12155548==_.ALT

At 20:07 10/15/2001, dr wrote:<br><br>
for contest use but it has Windows NT<br>
for an operating system.&nbsp; It does not seem to allow me to control my
rig<br>
through the serial port.&nbsp; Are there any drivers available to allow
rig<br>
control over the serial port when using Windows NT?<br>
Are you talking about the COMM 1 and 2 on the MB or an add on card. If it
is the built in ports you should not need a driver. It should be detected
by windows and work with windows supplied standard drivrers. If not,
there are drivers for every add on card of recent vintage. I use a PCI
COMM card with no problems.<br><br>
Dave KG0US<br>
kg0us@swbell.net<br><br>