[WriteLog] Sweepstakes CW Review

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sweepstakes CW Review
From: abriscoe@direct.ca (Allan Briscoe)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:42:33 -0800
Dick...
It's even worse than that !!! (at least on my WL Version 10.22)If you hit
space bar (or Tab, for that matter) after Check on the second "go-around",
the cursor winds up in a "blank spot" in the Section Field, requiring yet
ANOTHER space before that field will accept input. In the heat of the
battle, it is really easy to foul up all these space bar entries, and, if
you inadvertently hit the Enter Key while all this is going on - you then
have to go into the Edit Log field to fix things - all this while trying to
remember the other guy's Ck and Sec.

Of course, the real answer is not to "Space Bar" after the original entry in
the Check Field --- it automatically advances to the Section Field after the
second digit of the Check number is entered !!

Before I figured all this out, I became so frustrated with the first 20
minutes and about 18 QSO's of the SS CW contest that I totally abandoned
Writelog and activated my AE6Y's CQPWin Logger for the remainder of the
contest; and then spent time this morning investigating Writelog's behavior
for the past weekend CW contest --- mostly to make sure that I understand
what it is going to do during the SSB SS contest.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one to have this experience !

Regards
Allan Briscoe VE7XB