[WriteLog] cw decoder

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] cw decoder
From: jrwise@lakes.com (Roger F. Wise)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 22:03:20 -0600
I am stumped with this problem.  First I am using Wtite-Log V 10.28d.
Windows 98, Gateway Pentium II, Creative Labs Sound Blaster PCI64. I can
record to the sound card through Wtite-Log in making my different SSB
messages for a SSB contest.  This seems to work ok.  Sometimes I get a loop
going and at other times not.  By a loop I mean it keeps repeating.  This is
not my cq F11 anyone of the function keys seems to do it at random.  I can
live with that (ESC) key will stop it.  My problem is that I cannot for the
life of me make the CW decoder even show a signal.  I have a rig blaster set
up.  I even by- passed that and ran from my audio out to audio in on the
computer.  I know that works because I can hear it through computer outboard
speakers.
I downloaded the test program from Write-Log site to check out if my sound
board to see if it will work.  Score F7 not bad.  I went into the volume
control window and did all the right stuff.  Mic boost and no mute checked.
What I did find out was under options,/ properties,/ recording /there is no
line in box to check.  I am wondering if this is my problem,  When I close
out of this window I get a different volume control window at times.  That
one I will never understand.  At one time I did have this part of write-log
working the cw decoder.  At this stage without any audio in I cannot run
digital through the sound board.  Folks I am at end wits with this problem.
If anyone else has or had a problem HELP!!!!!!!  To add one more thing.
Just trying to run the sound recorder will not work either.  I cannot even
make that thing work.  Only works through write-log.  73 and thanks for
reading this.  Roger KI0F