[WriteLog] Adding Parallel Ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Adding Parallel Ports
From: RCARIELLO@si.rr.com (RCARIELLO)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:55:35 -0000
Hello to all.
I am trying to add two additional parallel ports to my computer. These ports
will be used with Writelog and Win4DX in a PII 400 MHz computer running
Windows 98.

The addition of serial ports has been successful for a total of six ports
with a plug and play unit PCI-400HS-9 from Byte Runner. Trying to add
parallel ports so far has not. The plug and play unit I have seems to
install with the supplied drivers but when I try accessing them in both
Win4DX and Writelog they are not recognized. The unit was also obtained from
Bite Runner model PCI-1284-P2. Bite Runner has been working unsuccessfully
with me to try to get the unit to work. I have there authorization number to
return the unit.

Has anyone been able to install additional parallel ports that work
correctly with Win4DX and Writelog. If so please send me the information and
where to obtain the unit so that I may do so.

Thanks for your help.
Rich AA2MF