[WriteLog] Curious?? (long)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Curious?? (long)
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:40:45 -0500
> If I was a prospective purchaser of Writelog, and lurked on the reflector
> for a while, I would be scared silly by the correspondence, and would NOT
> buy the program.
>
> In my book, a good program has a silent reflector. End of story.

Tim, you don't leave me much room for discussion ("end of story")!  ;-)

I will disagree quickly and then go away.  There are a lot of "silent"
reflectors - e.g. the RITTY (K6STI) reflector and the WJ2O reflector - It's
not because the programs are that good!  The StarBand users groups are 95%
vehement complaints, but I use it everyday and it's everything they
advertised - nothing but great.  They've sold tens of thousands and it only
takes a few dissatisfied users vs the silent majority to jam up a reflector
or users group with negatives.  The only "silent" reflector I am aware of is
the Alpha - darn satisfied bunch!  I don't monitor the other contesting
program reflectors becasue DOS will be dead very soon.  Well almost.  BTW, I
worked a guy the other day using a Commodore 64, but I'm not going there.

People have complained about the WL HELP file, but most have not printed it
and read it through.

If you don't try WL, I think you are really missing something.  And it's
different for old timers to STAY with DOS programs, but it seems a shame for
NEW people to start out with it's limitations.  Good luck with your DOS
programs Tim.  I still want to work you!  73