Fw: [WriteLog] Win98 stalling

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [WriteLog] Win98 stalling
From: benlightnd13@home.com (Jerry Ford)
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 18:58:01 -0600
Just a follow up:
I've had a couple of requests to keep this on the reflector as some
other folks are interested in the outcome.

Seems all responses so far are leading me to my startup configs. So I
checked them out to see what was there.  I did have one duplicate file
starting. ( LoadPowerProfile )
Also had some things like my office suite that I've shut down.
Now I'm left with a few that seem like I should allow to start and a
few I have questions about.
Running now:
     1.     System Tray
     2.     Microsoft Intelli Type Pro       ( My keyboard )
     3.     Pointer      ( I assume this is my mouse )
     4.     Scan Registry
     5.     Norton Auto Protect
     6.     Norton Program Scheduler
     7.     Task Monitor
     8.     LoadPowerProfile
     9.     RFX_auto_upgrade  ( no idea what this is )
   10.     A couple of files that support my server and my
             firewall.  ( Not real comfortable shutting these
             down since I'm on a cable hookup )

So,  thats the works now!!        I'm open to suggestions as to what
of these I can shut down without causing problems.   ( Norton and the
firewall are obvious but as
noted,  I don't want to open myself up to the hackers. )

What cha think?   Anything else here I can eliminate?

Jerry        N0JRN

From: "k7wm" <k7wm@i10net.com>
To: "Jerry Ford" <benlightnd13@home.com>