[WriteLog] Byterunner PCI-410 card with Dumb Terminal.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Byterunner PCI-410 card with Dumb Terminal.
From: af4z@palmnet.net (Don Winn)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 20:41:58 -0500
HI group,

A friend  ordered the Byterunner PCI-410 serial card and is having a
problem getting it to work with a Dumb TU. The card works fine with 8-bit
but having a problem with the 5-bit.
I have looked at the 16C950 UART specifications and it should work with
5-Bit words but to date, he has not been able to get it  going.  Both his
COM1 and COM2 on the motherboard work fine with 5-bit .

The card works fine with Rig control (8-bit).

Has anyone tried this card  with a dumb TU and got it to work?  I realize
not many people use dumb terminal units these days but there are many
IRL-500, 1000's , ST6000 , HD3030, etc  that still need the 5-bit support.

Don  AF4Z