[WriteLog] CW operation??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW operation??
From: k8vt@ameritech.net (Carter Grabarczyk)
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 08:09:53 -0500
Jerry,

It's not clear from your post if you mean Writelog is NOT generating CW
or if Writelog IS generating CW but your rig is not keying.

Jerry Ford wrote:
> Will Writelog run CW on the soundcard??
>             ( no interface )
> or does it require an interface to make it work.

If by "interface" you mean a device like the Rigblaster or equivalent,
the answer is no, it is not needed. Basically, all these do is provide
level control and transformer isolation to protect from ground loops
(hum). They are helpful but not mandatory. However, you DO have to
interface to your rig; i.e., I am using LPT1 to key the rig, a
connection from the LPT1 port to the "key" jack of the rig and tell
Writelog in setup that you are using LPT1. There are other ways to key
the rig (using RS-232 and possibly a Rigblaster as a convenience).

> I can copy CW FB in the CW display but when I try to send a message,
> nothing happens.

This may be too easy of an answer, but if your problem is Writelog not
generating CW, the Writelog cursor MUST be in the entry window.

Good luck, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

73/Carter/K8VT