[WriteLog] CW operation??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW operation??
From: benlightnd13@home.com (Jerry Ford)
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 22:07:20 -0600
Well as long as we have a CW thread going,  let me post another stupid
question from yet another newby.

I've done some digging in the help files ( giving it as much time as I
can )  looking for an explanation of software/hardware configuations
to run CW from Writelog.  I haven't really come up with a definative
answer so I'll put it to the group.

Will Writelog run CW on the soundcard??
            ( no interface )
or does it require an interface to make it work.

I can copy CW FB in the CW display but when I try to send a message,
nothing happens.
( just a bit of background )  ( RTTY work great RX / TX  with same
hookup ) ( Good sheilded cable from speaker jack to line-in  and from
speaker jack to phone patch in )

I know this is something that I haven't done yet but I would
appreciate a hint or two to save me doing the research.  (  I know I
have to do the legwork sooner or later but new toys are much more fun
when you can play while you learn )

So,   whats the scoop??

Am I in the market for an interface or is the soundcard and current
hookup enough when configured correctly?

Thanks and 73 to the group;

Jerry          N0JRN