[WriteLog] mouse_wheel_hz and writelog.ini

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] mouse_wheel_hz and writelog.ini
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 13:39:44 -0000
The reprogramming is limited. Basically any of the built in hot keys, plus
those assigned to the standard F keys via the F lock button, can be reassigned
to any of the other hot key functions. To take a silly example you could make
the copy hot key execute cut instead, and make the cut key the copy key!

In most cases you may also launch any other executable file by typing the path
in a dialogue box. This has some intriguing possibilities , which I haven't
got my head around yet. It was this that made me think that possibly the
writelog.ini file could be hacked on the fly, but in view of the lack of

Clive
GW3NJW

> Can you give us more details on the hot key reprogramming, Clive? I have
> seen this keyboard and had thoughts of using it as you are. I was wondering
> which keys (hopefully all) are reprogrammable, and can they be reprogrammed
> to any code the user may specify (or are they more limited to just certain
> functions/applications).

GW3NJW
gw3njw@gw7x.org
Contest Cambria-http://www.gw7x.org