[WriteLog] RE: Software Memory Leak (maybe!)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: Software Memory Leak (maybe!)
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 21:18:53 -0000
I was the original complainant about slow save after the CQWW CW. The
facts then were ca 2,900 QSOs in the log running a Pentium 200 with
32Mb of RAM under Win 95. Save time was ca. 8 seconds.

Most respondents thought the RAM was the crucial factor here, and in
any event a new Computer was on the stocks. This has now been
installed being a 750Mhz Duron with 256Mb under Win 98. On reloading
that CQWW file and adding a dummy QSO, the save operation now takes 3
seconds. It's an improvement certainly, but not quite what I had
expected.

I am now in the process of networking the old machine to the new for
security/redundancy.

73

Clive

 Dick Green wrote:
> If it's the Save
> operation, then I would question whether Wayne has modified the Save
> algorithm in version 10.28D or later

GW3NJW
gw3njw@gw7x.org
Contest Cambria-http://www.gw7x.org