[WriteLog] S/P Mode

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] S/P Mode
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 12:24:00 -0500
I have been using the Tweak-UI PowerToy from Microsoft on all my
computers.  There is a setting (X-mouse) which gives a window focus simply
by moving the mouse over that window, i.e. you don't need to click inside
the window to give it focus.

When I have been running with WL in the past (mostly RTTY), I've noticed
that when things are going well, NO window is active (i.e. as evidenced by
NO window header having the active color), but I'm entering QSOs in the
logging window without doing anything special.  In other words, the logging
window is active even though it doesn't appear to be active.  I can grab
callsigns from the RTTY window while apparently keeping focus in the
logging window.

The path to the TweakUI PowerToy for Windows 95/98/2000 is:

http://www.microsoft.com/NTWorkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp

There is a different one for Windows XP:

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Season's Greetings 2001/2002 - http://www.ad1c.com/2001/

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com