[WriteLog] so2r - problems & serial number & filters & psk31

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] so2r - problems & serial number & filters & psk31
From: Robert Wood" <rwood90@houston.rr.com (Robert Wood)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 20:11:22 -0600
During a CQ on R radio and fine multi shows on L radio:

I hit the down arrow which switches radios and I hit F7 to send my
callsign.   Soundboard isn't available.

Have to keystroke off two error windows then dance between the rtty
windows hitting <esc> before it clears off.

I finally get it down to hitting the <esc> first then the arrow key.
This just seems one key stroke longer then it needs to be.

Or is it a "My Computer" problem?

73 Robert w5aj

PSK31:

Used the isolation transformers on receive & mic lines.    Could copy
psk31 OK but whatever transmitted did not seem decodeable.   ???    Don't
recall this problem when I tried PSK31 with one radio and no transformers.

Serial numbers:
noticed if I entered a callsign it got a serial number.    If I didn't
work them I had to hit <alt> W twice,
once to clear the callsign and then again to clear the serial number???

& while I'm hr :   No real rig to rig interference running about 60 watts
each rig.   One of the ICE filters was in line outside at the switchbox
for the 105BA - so it was in line anytime I was on ten.  Took all the
inside filters out of line just to see and only slight noise when on 15
into the 10 meter rig.  No noise with ICE filters in line but had to
manually change them this weekend.  Amazing how warm a small shack can get
running rtty so2r.