[WriteLog] I had a small problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] I had a small problem
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 21:21:06 -0600
RF coming into the radio on the FSK line will cause a steady mark or
space tone.  I experienced this some contests ago when using my amplifier.
I now wrap the FSK cable(s) around a ferrite rod on the radio end and around
a ferrite donut on the computer end.

And now I'm doing dual transmit on one computer and use a "Y" connector
on the FSK input to the radio, so that's more of a possibility of getting RF
into
the radio.  Use ferrite rods and donuts on, not only your FSK input, but also
on your keyboard when using high power.  I've never experienced any of these
problems low power - another reason low power is more fun!

73, Don AA5AU