[WriteLog] More m/2 multi tx info - one answer

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] More m/2 multi tx info - one answer
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:02:02 -0000
Hi Bill,

We didn't see the reply below.

At K4JA's we have four networked radios, which looks similar to your setup.
When we had this in ARRL, we had to first, make sure that the radio
identifier (A, B, C, D) was in the log (it's in the ARRL contest module, you
should check on the NCJ ones....). Then we had to export the file into
Excel. Then we had to manually change the radio designation in Excel to A or
B to narrow the radio selections to only two choices as required by the
rules. Then we imported the file back into WriteLog and did the Cabrillo
file.

One, however, has to be EXTREMELY careful to identify which radios are doing
the six band change per hour limitation, at least associated with the ARRL
rules. This requires some very good discipline during the contest recording
your six band changes per hour. This, so when you are editing the Excel
file, you can designate the proper radio to the proper letter for the given
hourly time frame.

This is hardly an efficient method, but Wayne changed the contest module to
at least include the radio designation going into the log which made this
possible. Before we would have had to add the radio designation to the file
rather then edit it. It's still not an elegant solution.

The contest sponsors out there, for M/S and M/2, do not recognize in their
rules (or, if you are paranoid, would say 'discriminate against') a number
of station setups that have more than two radios used for the M/S and M/2
category. Methinks it's because of the limitations of the Cabrillo format or
software in that it only wants to see two radios in the log to make it easy
to check band change violations rather than overall log violations. But,
sometimes I'm paranoid and think that they only want to see two radios in a
setup (in which case, they should state that in the rules).

Hum me a few bars if you need the procedure to do the import/export. I
personally didn't do the K4JA files, but can have one of my contesting
cohorts help out.

Hope this helps.

CU...Scot, K9JY

K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at: