[WriteLog] bandwith for rtty

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] bandwith for rtty
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 08:48:05 -0500
> I have four filters on the radio. I found that I could copy consistently
> using the widest (2.4K) filter, generally OK using the 2.0K filter, and
not
> at all with the narrower (.5 and .25) filters. This meant that I could not
> isolate any of the weaker signals.

Does the FT-990 allow the use of narrow filters in LSB mode?  If not, that's
it.  Funny, the 1000MP did allow that, but the newer MARK-V 1000MP does not.
If this is the problem, use the PACKET jack - That one should've been
labeled AFSK instead of PACKET!  Then press the PKT button on the from and
you'll be set to use the narrow filters.

You mention "AF out", but you don't say where you're getting it from.