[WriteLog] CW Decoder

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW Decoder
From: majrabsr@rconnect.com (Major Ron)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:04:53 -0000
Hello again,

OK, I should have been more specific. I CAN get the CW decoder under
RTTYrite to work, after a fashion. It's the one under WL that I cannot get
to function. I get multiple lines of garbage, with an occaisional 'burst' of
decent copy. Not reliable enough when I'm tired. CWGet copies with a much
higher degree of reliability.

I DO NOT claim to be a CW operator. I know some really good CW ops and I
will NEVER be in their league! If I had to rely solely on my ability to copy
CW, I could only run a couple hours of a contest before the 'fatigue factor'
sets in. I have run more CW since I upgraded than the rest of the time I've
been a ham.

Back to the original question, though. I have to run with the pitch fairly
high, putting the tones at the edge of my DSP. Unlike many people, age has
caused my low freq hearing to be affected more than the high end. If I
install a second sound card, I can run CWGet and WL CW decoder at the same
time. That way, I can sometimes get a complete callsign and click on it. The
problem with that approach is that the second sound card causes problems
with conflicts.

Does anyone have any tips?

Ron, KA9ALC