[WriteLog] Recording the Contest: FT-1000MP with CW and SSB

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Recording the Contest: FT-1000MP with CW and SSB
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:44:11 -0000
All,

I'm trying to nail down recording the contest for CW and SSB and am having
some success with CW and none with SSB. I'm looking for some help from the
reflector for those successfully recording both the receive and send side of
the contest. Setup below:

CW:
AF out to Sound Board Mic using stereo plugs. Cable is isolated. WriteLog
settings for the Sound Board options set with Enable Recording Loop,
Continuous Record, Enable Compression all checked.

Results:
I can record both the tx side and the rx side. However, the rx side is
highly muted (even with sliders at full scale) and the tx side will blow
your ears off when played back. Is there a way to tone down the monitor tx
side?

SSB:
Heil Microphone plugged directly into the Mic position in the sound card
(for many good reasons; too many to list here). Where do you get the receive
side of the contest? WriteLog forces the record option to be on the Mic
position of the sound card (I tried changing it to Line In and as soon as I
clicked on the WriteLog Enter window it moved it over to Mic...).

Thanks...Scot, K9JY

K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
mailto:scot@k9jy.com