[WriteLog] LPT on Windows XP

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LPT on Windows XP
From: k6ll@juno.com (David O Hachadorian)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 19:17:10 +0000
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:25:15 -0500 "Glenn O'Donnell, K3PP" <k3pp@ptd.net>
writes:

> I don't know how to
> switch CW keying across the two radios without an external switch
> device.  RTTY and SSB can be done SO2R without the DXD.  Maybe I
> just need to dig more to learn how to do CW.  RTTY and SSB can key
> each XCVR independently, using VOX, but CW annd PTT seem tied to one
> COM port only.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

CW is no problem, just wire com 1 for radio control and cw
keying, and dedicate it to radio A.

Do the same with com 2 for radio B. No external switching is
required.

For SSB, or AFSK, the left stereo channel of the sound card
handles one radio, and the right stereo channel handles the other.

For FSK, you need four com ports:
radio control A
radio control B
FSK keying A
FSK keying B
You can assert ptt through a rig control command, or you can
add a transistor to each of the FSK interfaces, and do it that
way.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com