[WriteLog] Byterunner USB-4COM-110V Experience ??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Byterunner USB-4COM-110V Experience ??
From: w7md@arrl.net (Damon Raphael)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:14:09 -0700
I am sending this again:  My email address recently changed so the list
software held up my 1st reply for "approval".

I use the Byterunner (VScom PCI-800) ?which gives 8 additional serial ports. ?
It works quite well in Win98 and in Redhat Linux version 7.1 ?In Win98 there
was some problem in getting the board installed properly. ?I had to manually
change the address space (in the Win98 System Hardware Setup) that the board
uses because it conflicted with the address space used by my USR 56K PCI
modem board.

Of course, the software must be able to see the extra available ports. ? Many
32 bit applications are written to allow that. ?I do not know about timing
issues. ? I am using the board for reading and writing to the RS-232
interface of my 1000MP for Writelog and Logic 5 and also to control a HAL
RTTY modem. ?It also works fine in Hotsyncing with my Palm Vx device in Win98
and Linux.

Hope this helps,
Damon ? W7MD
Tucson, AZ