[WriteLog] VHF contest

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] VHF contest
From: dalpert@pacbell.net (David Alpert)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 00:37:44 -0800
Hi Brian,

Thanks very much for the response.  In answer to your questions; we worked
from more than one grid, we entered the grids in the QSO entry window, we
didn't use seperate log files because we worked as a team under one call
sign.  Here's where things went haywire...  If we worked 4 grids on 6 meters
from our location of 4 different grids then the multiplier showed only 1,
when it should have been 4.  Then in the end all points should have been
multiplied by the number of grids we worked in, so the total points score
should have been multiplied by the four grids which we travelled to. It's
confusing... here's an example:

50mhz  12:01  DM04  W2ODH  DM04  (multiplier should show 4 for the 4 grids
worked)
50mhz  12:02  DM14  K6ZZZ  DM14
50mhz  12:03  DM15  N6MM   DM15
50mhz  12:04  DM05  K6AAA  DM05

Score should be 4 points for the four stations worked times 4 grids which
the staions were located times 4 grids that we worked from.  The total
should be 64.

Our total score ended up about half of what it should have been.  I can't
figure out the pattern that the multipliers were in.  We also travelled back
and forth to several grids, I wonder if that could cause problems.

I hope I'm making sense with the explanation, please let me know.  If you
have any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

David Alpert KX6Z