[WriteLog] Minnesota QSO Party

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Minnesota QSO Party
From: va7lc@shaw.ca (Les, VA7LC)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:17:34 -0800
Scott, Minnesota seem to have changed the rules slightly for their QSO Party on
Feb 2nd.
They now require NAME and SECTION for the exchange for both in and out of
state. I am
hoping to take part this weekend. I looked at the contest in WriteLog and at
the "Exchange
Format Setup" under the Contest menu and was able to change the "NR" to "NAME"
but wasn't
sure how to extend the field to about 10 spaces to take a name. Do you know how
to do
this?
Secondly I see in the Multipliers window that the counties are three characters
long (some
are two and some are four!), however the exchange is for two characters for the
county.
Would I be able to change the Multiplier window to two characters by Aliasing
the counties
in the NamedMul.ini file?
What usually happens in these situations is that rather than miss the contest I
end up
using another logging program, but I would really like to use WriteLog.
The State QSO Parties are really quite popular and I think it is a weakness of
WriteLog,
that although it does cover a lot of contests it is weak in this area.
Thanks for any advice you may have.

Les, VA7LC