[WriteLog] Enter key

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Enter key
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:26:20 -0000
> Running or S&P?
--------------------

Over the last year I've been experimenting with using the same exchange for
both.  That way I just use INSERT for the exchange all the time with an
all-purpose buffer set up on F10, like this

%R %D 599 123 123 123 K1US K1US TU %E

This one-exchange-fits-all-method seems to work pretty well for either CQ or
S&P.   I put my call twice at the end because it's short and tends to get
lost, or stray characters end up getting added to it on the receiving end.
If somebody comes back with K1USK or K1USH, etc., especially if it's in both
of my RttyRite windows, I just send the exchange again until they get it
right.

At this point I no longer use Enter for anything but lazy CQing,  and in CT
mode F1 does fine for that.  Am thinking about disabling "Enter Sends..." so
it can be used for silent logging without Shift or Control, and it will
transmit nothing if I hit it at the wrong time  .......  8[

Wow, tweaking these buffers is almost as much fun as operating

Jon,  K1US