[WriteLog] Wish list for .ini file

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Wish list for .ini file
From: faunt@panix.com (Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:35:36 -0500 (EST)
   From: Bill Turner <w7ti@dslextreme.com>
To: <writelog@contesting.com>
   Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:04:40 -0800

   One thing I'd like to see in all .ini files:  Put every conceivable
   entry in there, including the defaults except for those which can not be
   changed.  Programmers, apparently to save time and space, often leave
   out the defaults.  Easier for them, but more difficult for us users who
   want to edit.

   Is there any compelling reason not to?  HD space is no longer an issue
   and even the largest .ini file can be read in a fraction of a second.

   So how about it, guys?

Two things to add here:  If it actually takes extra time to process
some of this stuff, then they could be commented out.  This would help
with the "oops, the last word in the command should be upper case"
problem, and misspellings of added commands.

And if there were substantial comments in the .ini file, then it could
function as its own help file to some large degree.

When I was at ZF2QS, neither of us could recall the command that does
away with the "it's been 20 QSO's since you saved the file", but it's
in my .ini file at home.  I couldn't locate it using the help system,
either.

If comments are handled efficiently, then this something that us users
could do, without bugging the authors.

73, doug