[WriteLog] MMTTY/Writelog pauses

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MMTTY/Writelog pauses
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:11:18 -0000
Jim, Bill, et al --

Actually the MMTTY stand-alone  DOES have rig control, on the Setup TX tab
below the PTT section.  I use mine with either of my Kenwoods.   But the
delay in start-up and shut down is the same even if I disable rig control.
PTT is done on the separate CommPort used for FSK.

After the problem showed itself I carefully rechecked the hardware under
XP's Device Manager.  My six serial ports are all flying in formation with
no IRQ conflicts, and they are all ISA or PCI types.

In WL, the shutdown is much faster than in stand-alone mode.  When Alt-K
transmitting the delay after PTT engages makes it sound like my old Kam
Plus.  The Fx buffers are nice and snappy, though.  Quick on and off.

This is a real puzzler.

Jon     K1US