[WriteLog] JA Contest - CW outside JA

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] JA Contest - CW outside JA
From: jbastin@sssnet.com (John E Bastin, K8AJS)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 09:37:42 -0400
At 07:10 -0500 04/13/2002, N1LN wrote:
>I was using the JA International DX (outisde JA) Contest module this morning
>and think I found a bug... .or I may be doing something wrong.
>
>When trying to enter the 2 character prefecture - after entering the second
>digit the curser went back to the beginning of the Call entry field.   I had
>to tab (twice) to get the curser
>back to the PR field.... then it would stop "after" the second digit and
>allow me to
>hit "enter" and save the QSO and send the TU - QRZ command in Memory 3.
>(using Enter
>sends Exchange / QRZ).
>
>Is this a bug - or am I missing something?

I noticed that, but didn't think anything about it since I'm not
using WriteLog to send CW. I would enter the prefecture, it would
jump back to the beginning of the call sign, and I would hit <enter>
which logged the QSO.

What gets sent if you just hit <enter> with all the fields complete
and the cursor at the beginning of the callsign?

   _
  /~\ The ASCII        | J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
  \ / Ribbon Campaign  | jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net
   X  Against HTML     |
  / \ Email!           |