[WriteLog] Website Update - Eliminating RST field from QSO Entry Window

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Website Update - Eliminating RST field from QSO Entry Window
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 23:36:45 -0500
Helpful when using SM6SRW RTTY modules.  I think this
band-aid is the best solution for the quirks found in these modules.

I've added a page with step-by-step instructions on how to eliminate
the RST field in QSO Entry Window.  When you really think about
it, this field is not needed in any contest.  If this works like it does in
my testing, I may eliminate the RST field in every RTTY contest.  If
someone gives a report other than 599, it can be easily edited in the
main log window after the QSO has been logged.

http://www.geocities.com/writelog

I will definitely be in VOLTA this weekend to see how this
"workaround" performs under contest conditions.

I highly recommend anyone planning on competing in VOLTA to
test this out on their machine(s) well before contest time.  I did not test
it under Windows ME, 2000 or XP since I don't have a machine with
any of those Windows versions.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com