[WriteLog] pk-232

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] pk-232
From: gbaron@charter.net (Gil Baron)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 08:25:35 -0500

Well maybe but he won't get 100% copy at 50+WPM and get it ALL written or
typed every tie like a machine can do when the conditions are good which
they are the vast majority of the time that it would be used.
For a contest I have to agree, there is no machine to do it but that does
not mean it could not be created.

Also, RTTY with PSK, Ordinary 170 Hz Baudot, and other methods are going to
beat out the CW every time if the conditions are reasonable because they are
designed to be copied by machine. I doubt there is anyone can copy that with
the brain!

It is also true that yes there will be ties when HF is the only thing
available but they are today VERY rare.
Why do you think the military and commerical have given up CW?