[WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] Multi-port serial boards

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] Multi-port serial boards
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:53:54 -0000
Alan,
Thanks for the info. In my opinion, creating a new computer to support
obsolete technology is analogous to the tail wagging the dog. Since the
biggest pain in the a.. of getting a new computer is reinstalling all the
software and setting the preferences as before, I want it to last for a
good number of years.  The only way to do that is buying state of the
art, and upgrading various compnents along the way.
These will, unfortunately, include the ISA components, which are
Byterunner 4 COM port board and the Hal P-38 (and 4 32MB SIMMs).
73 Barry