[WriteLog] Re: the "WL not installed message"

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: the "WL not installed message"
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 21:41:59 -0700
On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 19:52:25 +0100, you wrote:

>What I did was to open a zip file, and then click on the setup.exe from
>there. AND I GOT THAT MESSAGE!
>
>So, the moral of the tale is that you MUST copy the zipped file to a
>(temporary) directory, unzip the files to that directory, and only THEN run
>the setup.exe.

This is true for all zipped files, not just WriteLog.

What's happening is this:  When you unzip a file with WinZip or
similar program and see the display of files, you're only looking at a
list - not the actual files themselves.  If you double-click on any
ONE of the files Windows will execute THAT FILE ONLY, or if it's a
text file, will open it with NotePad, etc.  If the executable needs
other files to run properly, they won't be there.

Until you unzip all the files to a folder, they're not "really" files,
just a list.

73, Bill W7TI