[WriteLog] CANADA DAY CONTEST

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CANADA DAY CONTEST
From: Zev.Darack@banklink.com (Darack, Zev)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 16:02:18 -0400
It appears that Yukon is being represented incorrectly as YU.  My
namedmul.ini file shows that YU=VY1 and under aliases YT=YU so the software
will accept either YT or YU and initial tests indicate that the cabrillo
file prints whatever was entered.

Why is the cabrillo output acting differently here then in other contests?
I just verified that using ARRL DX outside of US/VE when I enter a
multiplier that is listed in the alias section of the namedmul.ini file the
cabrillo file contains the correct entry i.e. if I type "con" in the log it
displays "CT" in the cabrillo file.  In the Canada Day module when I type
"YT" in the log it displays "YT" in the cabrillo file and when I type "YU"
in the log it displays "YU" in the cabrillo file even though the entry YT=YU
appears in the namedmul.ini file.

I know that writelog is looking at the alias section because I receive an
error message if I try to type in a fictitious section that is not contained
in the alias section for the RAC contest.

To summerize:
1. There is a bug in how the RAC contest handles the RAC-ALIAS section when
generating the Cabrillo file.
2. Change the namedmul.ini file as follows:

[RAC]
NS=VE1
QC=VE2
ON=VE3