[WriteLog] My CW is chopped up in 10.33C

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] My CW is chopped up in 10.33C
From: n1au@rcn.com (Bill Santelmann)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:25:12 -0400
Thanks to K4WI, KB3MM, and N5NA, my problem is resolved by
editing the WriteLog.ini file as Alan, N5NA, advises:

>1. Open up WRITELOG.INI (Start Menu, Run, type in
WRITELOG.INI <ENTER>).
>2. Find the [PORTS] section and add the CW_ON_PIN1=1 line:
>
>[PORTS]
>CW_ON_PIN1=1
>
>73,
>
>Alan  N5NA

In addition to inserting this line in WriteLog.ini, I also
stopped every TSR and virus checker I could find, and my
system worked perfectly with LPT1 keying CW during the
entire IARU contest. Problem solved! Those TSRs included
Symantec Norton SystemWorks 2002, ZoneLabs Pro, and
AdSubtract. Of course, since I made all these changes at
once, I have no way to prove what actually cured the
problem! I was in a hurry for the contest, so couldn't
properly research it by testing each possible fix one at a
time!

Thanks again for the instant help!

Bill   N1AU