[WriteLog] the "OMNI" box

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] the "OMNI" box
From: ik0hbn@libero.it (Sante - IK0HBN)
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:53:09 +0200
Stroked again after a 2 years pause by Contest Fever, I try to fill up the
existing gap created by that pause. First a big thank to the list for all
the received encouragements to go further.

My question: how did you manage the big possibilities WL offers in terms of
CW, RTTY and SSB contesting? I got a Rigblaster and it runs flawlessly, but
it does not allow recording messages/phonemes to be used during a SSB
contest. The builders, once suggested me to use another cheap microphone to
directly record into WL the messages, but IMO seemed and seems till mow a
poor solution.

Is anyone of you who home brew, or modify Rigblaster to allow such a duty?
Is anyone of you who built an "OMNI" interface for CW, AFSK, FSK and SSB
contesting. I hate changing cables back to the radio and I wish to resolve
once for ever that harrass.

I should start from scratch and selling Rigblaster if useless. Otherwise I
could add something else to complete the setting. Worse buying another
stuff, if any.

With my great pleasure last weekend I have also recorded my modest effort
with WL and resolved a busted call, so I would like conserving such a feature.

At moment setting are:
FT1000mp
WL, of course
homebrew interface to run FSK
Rigblaster.

Where to link the microphone (Heil setup)? At moment at Rigblaster, but no
way to route voice to Soundblaster to record messages for SSB purpose.

I'm also a lucky owner of 3 Audio Transformers (bought at MIAMI during my
only trip to USA last year...-)))

I stay tuned for your input, putting my head into a cold water tin to cold
it...BTW the iron is hot....
Ciao
Sante
ps. I read about a MFJ sound blaster interface....another way to waste
money useless? From their adverts I did not realize if it could do the job.