[WriteLog] Re: NCJ

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: NCJ
From: kb4et@cyou.com (Dave-KB4ET)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:20:27 +0000
My $0.02 worth (4 what its worth):
   Around my shack any Journal that is worthy has its place near the
toilet. Many years ago QST was a "several flushings" journal - today it
doesn't warrant a place around the toilet. The NRA, recognizing that it's
membership has varied interest, offers two Journals of which one may
choose. ARRL could do the same with
NCJ; however, they won't as this is a money thing. The ARRL needs money or
reduce costs. The "dumbing down" on the test/code requirements failed to
promote growth. So, no choice but to scale back services. I think the
exposure of those that cause the tail to wag the dog was done on the roll
call vote - it wasn't needed on the second vote. Further, I disagree that
quitting is the answer - hang in there and help keep the dog waggers on the
hot seat !! 73+GL, Dave - kb4et