[WriteLog] W5XD multi-keyer operation

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD multi-keyer operation
From: n9qqk@urbancom.net (n9qqk@urbancom.net)
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 01:06:54 -0500
I just received the keyer, and am attempting to
get it functional.

Rig control and headset audio switching seem to
be working fine, but I'm having a problem with
the serial CW keying.

I hear the sidetone audio, so the keyer is
generating code.
The rig (FT1000D) goes into transmit just long
enuf to send the code, so the PTT signal is
getting to the radio.
However, no code is being output.

The CW out jack is connected to the rig's KEY
jack via s stereo audio cable.  Do I need the
transistor keying circuit I see described in the
writelog doc?  I thought that it would be
included in the keyer itself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ron - N9QQK