[WriteLog] W5XD multi-keyer operation

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD multi-keyer operation
From: nr1dx@arrl.net (Dave)
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 10:13:30 +0000
Ron
First make sure you are keying between the TIP and Ring connections (not
the TIP to GROUND). The keying line is set up so that you can reverse the
keying for negative or positive keying.  I think ( but don't remember for
sure) that the RING goes to Ground and the TIP goes to the key line. Try it
that way first  and if it still not working then try reversing the wires on
the Tip and Ring connections to the plug going into the keyer. If you
haven't already go out to he web site and download the schematics

http://www.writelog.com/cwkeyer/cables.jpg
http://www.writelog.com/cwkeyer/CIRCUIT-1.jpg
http://www.writelog.com/cwkeyer/CIRCUIT-2.jpg

all this will be much clearer.

You do not need any external transistors if you are keying via the CW out
jack. You will need external transistors if you are keying via the parallel
DB-25 outputs.

Dave