[WriteLog] Cabrillo format for WAE--not sure if the sponsors want it

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Cabrillo format for WAE--not sure if the sponsors want it
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 23:22:46 -0000
Everyone operating WAE this year should run the new WriteLog version 10.34
because of the rule change regarding multipliers for call areas in several
countries.

Also in 10.34, the WAE module can create a Cabrillo file. However, I have
not yet tested that file format with the sponsors, and the sponsors, as far
as I know, have NOT announced that they will accept Cabrillo. So before you
submit a Cabrillo file to them, find out if they want one.

Version 10.34 of the WAE module retains the ability to create the file
formats that were accepted last year, including a QTC report file.

You should read the rules and check if your entry complies with it before
sending it in. This goes for ALL contests. Did you see the posting on
cq-contest by a contest log checker that received many "Cabrillo" files that
had nothing in them but "This software version does not generate Cabrillo"?
Please remember that you--not your software--are reponsible for the accuracy
of your submission. That means you should probably read the files you're
about to email.

Wayne, W5XD