[WriteLog] Win98->Win XP?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Win98->Win XP?
From: kc0czi@midmoskywarn.net (Kevin Brown - KC0CZI)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:42:54 -0500
Your desire to move the installed programs from one operating system to
the other will not be successful.

The issue is related to registry settings when you installed the
programs on one system not correllating to the registry on the new
system.

You *can* move the data itself (ie the actual program files) but there
is no inherit ability to migrate the registry, nor provide any assurance
it would work.

I concur.  Your only real choice (and least likely to cause you to lose
hair) is to fresh install everything.  It may seem like a pain, but in
the end, you'll be VERY glad you did.