[WriteLog] Windows XP and parallel port keying problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Windows XP and parallel port keying problem
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:01:53 EDT
Peter,

There is a lot in the WL reflector archives on this issue.  I believe the
general consensus is to use COM port keying with XP.  With a laptop with a
single COM port that will be a problem unless you install keying on the same
COM port as you use for radio control.  (I have recently seen a ckt diagram
for that).  Or use a USB-to-Serial port converter.

Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450