[WriteLog] PTT on CW port RTS

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PTT on CW port RTS
From: hamcat@directvinternet.com (K4SB)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:08:09 +0000
Donald Eriksen wrote:
> Here's my setup: I have a switching transistor with the base to parallel
> port pin 16 through a 1K resistor. It works fine for PTT once the initial
> rig turn-on problem is "fixed".

Just as a short follow up to Don's post, I, for years, have used a
much higher value of resistance than the 1K. I think all my keying
lines now use 3300 ohms, which keeps the base voltage much lower, yet
keys perfectly.

Since the change, I have yet to blow a single transistor in the keying
line.

73
Ed