[WriteLog] Help - USB Port Setup

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Help - USB Port Setup
From: K4ZW@Staffnet.com (Ken Claerbout)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 11:48:50 -0000
  Greetings - JT1CO has asked me to get him setup with Writelog when I visit
there next Saturday.  Yesterday, I received an e-mail from him saying his
laptop has only a USB port.  I found AA5AU's web page with the USB to serial
adapters so I'll go and pick that up today. I plan on using the port for rig
control (1000MP) and possibly CW.
   I have not set up a USB port before with Writelog and wasn't able to find
much in the archives or help manual.  It might become real apparent once I
get started but if anyone has tips or can instruct me on what has to be
done, that would be great.  If I need any additional components, I'd rather
get that here stateside.

73
Ken K4ZW