[WriteLog] Help - USB Port Setup

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Help - USB Port Setup
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 08:05:55 EDT
Ken,

I have tried a couple of USB-to-Serial adapters on my laptop with WL.  I
tried both the Belkin and a brand-x, but neither of them worked.  It has been
a few months, so the details are fuzzy.  However, as I recall, WL would not
recognize the Comm port that the USB-to-Serial was to create.

It is strange to think that JT1CO's laptop does not have one Comm port.  I
have never heard of a laptop without a comm port, but who knows, hi.  You
might try to get your hands on a PCMCIA comm port card.  That should work.
Try your local Asian computer repair shop - if there is one in your area;
those guys are pretty good about knowing what is available and what can be
made to work.

Alternatively, take along a laptop that has a known configruation.

GL and have a great trip.  Sounds interesting.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450