[WriteLog] Help - USB Port Setup

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Help - USB Port Setup
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 23:07:02 -0500
I don't know if anyone responded to Ken directly, but what he is asking
what happens when you install such a USB-to-Serial device.  I have not done
so but suggested that the software probably asks you what COM port you want to
name it or assigns it directly.  I just don't know.  In WriteLog, you just use
the COM port that was assigned to the device.  That I'm somewhat sure of.

If anyone has installed a USB-to-Serial adapter, please respond to him.

Thanks, Don AA5AU