[WriteLog] Band Data on a Parallel Port

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Band Data on a Parallel Port
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 20:29:38 -0500
I once heard that Band data info could be derived from a parallel port
for use in switch filters, antennas, etc.  Since I'm running Kenwood TS870's
and that radio does not output band data info I would want to try to get it from
an LPT port.  According to the help file, it looks possible.

Does WriteLog emulate Yaesu band data output on an LPT port?

If so, then it would be possible to switch my Dunestar 600's automatically
using a Top Ten band decoder (or build my own for much less $).

I've been manually switching my filters using Dunestar 800 switches and
it's not really been a problem.  I just wonder if it could be done automatically
for a reasonable cost.

Any info appreciated.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com