[WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] Serial cards are getting scarce

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] Serial cards are getting scarce
From: hamcat@directvinternet.com (K4SB)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 23:41:15 +0000
Larry L Lindblom wrote:
> Barry is very correct about this.  What it could mean is in the future if
> we want a PC with serial/parallel ports we will be buying it from an
> industrial/business dealer rather than a consumer electronics store..
> W0ETC

And what is so wrong about that? I've never purchased one of those
"plug and play" machines, and never will. Most dealers will mount the
mb for you, and if you can't figure out how to install a serial card,

You will find you get much more for your money by "brewing your own",
and save money as well.

73
Ed