[WriteLog] Re: roll your own

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: roll your own
From: N8KU@longwire.com (Larry D)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:05:10 +0000
On Thursday 19 September 2002 01:13 am, Jim Forsyth wrote:

> My experience has been that, provided you shop around, buying a ready made
> computer is cheaper than "brewing your own".

No doubt about it. Trying to "build your own cheaper" is like saying you could
build a car cheaper, by ordering parts and pieces from the J.C.Whitney
catalog. Heathkits were never cheaper than the manufactured version.

Of course, I do indeed build all my own boxes, because it's fun!

--
Larry  N8KU

 l o n g w i r e . c o m
90%CW  +  10% PSK  =  100% HF